Friday 10 August 2007

Uganda

After much drama at the border where the nasty people terrified me and made me pay double the visa price just because they could, meaning i had $0 left, and a lovely ugandan lady adopting me and taking me to her home,feeding me and paying for my bus to kampala, and from there onto mbale (during the latter journey the bus broke down twice and i ended up travelling 2 hours with my huge hiker-sack on the back of a moped!) i met up with Richard Hide and went off exploring coffee farms on Mt elgon! honestly had no idea what a long process coffee-making was, and was so overwhelemed by the commitment of all te owmen in the village to the work (obviously the men do very little.) Hve very little internet time and can't really do justise to what an amazing experiece i had with these people and in the stunning surroundings. Next i went off to a small village a few hours away to meet an old school friend who's working for the NGO little big africa, building water tanks etc. I got to make bricks! Have definitely decided i am not cut out for hard physical labour! Really enjoyed being a part of village life again, although uganda style this time. And now have just returned form a trip to Sipi falls, highest in East africa which i absailed down, about 10m from the falls all the way..absolutely INCREDIBLE views! Hate having to rush these things so will update properly soon when i find a decent computer..until then 10 days till im home!

No comments: